• access_time Last reply from: abelinho87
  • av_timer Last activity: on February 18 2021 at 12:40 PM

Reply search

Price below minimum odds

abelinho87
abelinho87
on February 18 2021 at 11:54 AM

Hi all,

I got an error message in 6 out of 10 picks: "Waiting (price below minimum odds)".
Of course I know what it means, but I am just wondering if the bot is too slow to accept the picks before odds change?

I am following the smartbet tipster "smb.hammertime-pregame"

Anyone else got the problem? It makes no sense following a tipster, when under 50% of their picks will be placed.

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
tango
tango

The bot will receive and send an order to your book in around 1 second after the corresponding pick is submitted. An order with status "PRICE BELOW MINIMUM ODDS" means that either your minimum price was not available at the moment that the pick was submitted or that it dropped below your minimum during the 1 second between pick submission and order execution.

In any case, according to smartbet.io's pick verification policy, picks are recorded in a source's pick records and stats ONLY if at least one following bot manages to take the bet with the same or better odds in the same book, so picks with odds that are not available are not recorded. Further, smartbet.io fees are only applied to successfully placed bets, so you don't pay anything for failed orders. This means that if you believe that a source offers value it makes sense to follow no matter what % of their picks you can actually bet on. 

tango
tango

Note also that having orders in WAITING status is not a good idea unless it is really a part of your strategy. The bot will be retrying these orders in regular intervals and if you have too many it can clog up order execution and cause execution delays in new orders coming in. You should configure your sources so that failed orders are not retried.

Okay, thank you for your reply.
I just wondered why many of the odds seem to change during that one second significantly as I checked them afterwards.

For example recent offered odd for Utah -4.5 vs. Orgegon State was 2.77 - not taken from the bot. As I checked not many time later the odd was Utah -2.5 for 1.86. Very big difference and not pickable anymore.

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Login or register to post your reply