• account_circle 3 participants
  • access_time Last reply from: Dazzler
  • av_timer Last activity: on September 02 2021 at 12:14 PM

Reply search

Getting started questions

Dazzler
Dazzler
on September 01 2021 at 10:36 AM

Hi, new member and have a few general questions regarding getting started. I intend to run a bot placing horse racing bets at Bet365, with selections scraped from an external source. I have read the recommendations in the FAQ with regard to that and will hire a programmer from Freelancer as suggested to get that done in the recommended format. I intend to run it through a VPC, again as recommended.

Firstly, with no experience of VPC's, do I download the app to the VPC or my desktop? Do I download the app before contacting a programmer? At what point do I activate the app with my BOTID? In terms of order of operations, what is the best sequence to get things done smoothly?

Do I need to maintain a balance here to cover costs, VPC and commission on bets placed?

Once up and running can I access my Bet365 account as normal and place non-bot related bets?

Finally, any common teething problems or handy tips and tricks that would be good to know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Hello.

I am going to do the same: using SBIO bot for horseracing and create a bridge between SBIO bot and the external sourse.

If you want to use VPC from smartbet.io, you will have not to install the SBIO bot to it, because when you create a new VPC, the bot will be already installed on it. But when you use other VPS, then you will installed SBIO bot to it yourself.

First, you should get BotID - you have it when your register your account on SmartBet. Then I should get your VPS and install SBIO bot if you do not use VPC from SmartBet. Only after it you should hire a programmer because he will test the bridge using your SBIO bot.

tango
tango

From Dazzler said:

Hi, new member and have a few general questions regarding getting started. I intend to run a bot placing horse racing bets at Bet365, with selections scraped from an external source. I have read the recommendations in the FAQ with regard to that and will hire a programmer from Freelancer as suggested to get that done in the recommended format. I intend to run it through a VPC, again as recommended.

Firstly, with no experience of VPC's, do I download the app to the VPC or my desktop? Do I download the app before contacting a programmer? At what point do I activate the app with my BOTID? In terms of order of operations, what is the best sequence to get things done smoothly?

Do I need to maintain a balance here to cover costs, VPC and commission on bets placed?

Once up and running can I access my Bet365 account as normal and place non-bot related bets?

Finally, any common teething problems or handy tips and tricks that would be good to know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren

VPCs are virtual computers that run on the cloud. This is all the difference between VPCs (Virtual PCs) and a physical computer like your home computer or your laptop. The bot needs a windows computer to run, which can either be your home computer/laptop or a VPC. If you choose to run your bot on your home PC you will need to download and install the bot on your home PC. If you choose to run the bot on a VPC you will need to do the same on your VPC.

The main advantages of VPCs are reliability, speed, and accessibility. Your VPC is accessible from almost any internet-enabled device anywhere in the world (PCs, tablets, smartphones), so you do not have to carry your PC or laptop with you.

The bot's only function is executing bet orders for the sources that you configure it to follow. If you intend to build a source you do not even need to run a bot unless you also intend to follow your own sources (like many users do). Please see https://smartbet.io/faqs/view/40/what-is-a-source

A bot connected to a bet365 account will not interfere with any other manual use or betting in the same account. If, however, you connect to bet365 manually from any other device than the one which is used by your bot, bet365 can see that the same account is logged in concurrently from multiple devices.

Please write to our support at https://smartbet.io/faqs if you need help with specific aspects of setting up a source or configuring your bot.

Thanks for the info tango, is it correct that the current version 2.77 is unable to place bets with Bet365, and if so is there a timeline for when this can be resolved?

Thanks

Darren

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Login or register to post your reply