How to automate betting?

• 7 posts
    July 27, 2023 4:49 PM BST

Hey, could someone give me a general plan on how to set up a source such that it receives arbitrage notifications from an alert service and a bot that automatically places the bets?

• 50 posts
    July 27, 2023 6:11 PM BST

Create a source at My Sources and then feed the picks from the external alert service into your newly created source using a programmatic method such as http POST/GET as described in FAQ: How can I submit my picks to Smartbet.io using the http POST and GET methods?

Then, go to My Bots and create one or more bots and configure them to follow your source.

This post was edited by tango at July 27, 2023 6:16 PM BST
    • 50 posts
    July 27, 2023 6:37 PM BST

See also smartbet.io/forums/topic/44/automating-external-sources-with-smartbet-io

This post was edited by tango at July 27, 2023 6:38 PM BST
    • 7 posts
    July 27, 2023 6:38 PM BST

I am not sure if the alerts service I use offers an API, but I assume feeding the picks to the source can be done with the help of web scraping?

P.S. I am quite new to programming.

• 50 posts
    July 27, 2023 7:04 PM BST

UNRESTR1CTED said: I am not sure if the alerts service I use offers an API, but I assume feeding the picks to the source can be done with the help of web scraping? P.S. I am quite new to programming. Although an API on the side of your alert service would help, it would still be possible to retrieve the picks with any other method, such as scraping. In any case, you will need a programmer to build the "bridge" between whatever external source you are interested in and smartbet.io, but in most cases this is a straightforward task that should not take a medium skilled programmer more than a few hours to build. Just post a project in platforms like freelancer.com, and I am sure that you can find someone to code this for you with a reasonable cost.

This post was edited by tango at July 28, 2023 2:29 AM BST
    • 7 posts
    July 27, 2023 7:54 PM BST

Btw, could you explain the difference between standard and auto sources? Which one would be more suitable for my goal?

• 50 posts
    July 27, 2023 8:08 PM BST

UNRESTR1CTED said: Btw, could you explain the difference between standard and auto sources? Which one would be more suitable for my goal? The source owner (you) provides the picks for a Standard Source. Picks for Auto Sources are automatically generated by Smartbet.io's market scanners according to your criteria (similar to the way that you would configure your strategy in an arb alert service).

If you want to submit your own picks like your personal selections, or picks coming from any kind of external source you should use a Standard Source. If you want to utilize Smartbet.io scanners for arbs or value picks you should use an Auto Source.

This post was edited by tango at July 27, 2023 8:10 PM BST
    • 7 posts
    July 27, 2023 8:25 PM BST

So basically auto sources automatically get picks from the smartbet scanners as soon as they are created, removing the need for external sources like alert services, right? And then I can create a bot, connect it to the auto source and it will start betting if there are any +ev bets/arbs found by the scanners.

• 50 posts
    July 27, 2023 9:54 PM BST

Yes, however diffferent services will have different coverage in terms of books, sports and markets. As we are currently restoring funcionality from our previous website, we presently cover Pinnacle (pregame/live) with bet365 pregame coming in the next few days and bet365 and more books in August 2023.

Automation is currently available for Pinnacle and bet365 - expecting to add more books in August.

For a dynamically updated list for all smartbet.io supported markets including automation support, see Market Support.

This post was edited by tango at July 27, 2023 9:58 PM BST