How long does it take for results to be updated?

• 36 posts
    May 20, 2023 10:49 PM BST

What should I do if my source results still show open bets from 8 days ago?

I still have open bets from 2023-05-12. 

Is this there anyway I can manually trigger an update of those results through my bot?

• 46 posts
    May 21, 2023 1:06 AM BST

Did the bot that placed those bets have access to the same bookmaker account that it used to place those bets with after the bets were settled? Retrieving bet results from a boomaker is a very resource intensive process for the bookmaker, we can't just ask a bookmaker every few minutes for the results for all bets that were ever placed in that account. A bot will retrieve bet results in regular intervals from the book accounts that it is configured to use, but when it is stopped for a long time or is running only for brief periods of time before it gets the chance to retrieve settled bets, there may be bet results that it will never see. The current cutoff for Pinnacle is 3 days (meaning that if a bot places a bet with Pinnacle and does not connect for a sufficient amount of time to that same Pinnacle account for more than three days after this bet is SETTLED by Pinnacle, it will never see the result).

Even in this case you can still manually settle your open bets, all you need to do is hit the "Bet Records" button (upper left corner) in any bot that belongs to you. Of course manually settled bets will not settle the picks that they were based on as this would affect source records. If you need to settle open picks, please contact me directly.

In general, bots are designed to be online and running 24/7. If, for whatever reason, you need to stay logged out from a bookmaker account for certain periods its better to configure activity zones for that bookmaker than to start/close the application all the time and additionally in the case that you rely on a bot to record and settle pick records for a source you should make sure that is running and is logged in the target bookmaker for at least a few minutes every day or two. The Cloud bots that we are planning to make available shortly, will make keeping a bot online all the time a lot easier, since there would be no need for dedicated physical or virtual PC.

This post was edited by tango at May 21, 2023 1:12 AM BST
    • 36 posts
    May 21, 2023 12:28 PM BST

Thank you for the explanation. My smartbet software is on my laptop and only gets switched on for a few hours each day. That must be the problem. I will move it to my VPS and leave it on 24/7.